A global insurance distributor with over 100 locations came to Wincourse Technologies looking to optimize and support their current Citrix environment. Their internal IT support team and HelpDesk needed additional expertise to resolve Citrix issues affecting hundreds of users.
Wincourse responded with a solution that included a Citrix support contract with a specific number of tickets per month paired with an hourly block of engineering time. The engineering time is applied to ongoing Citrix administration and individual tasks with the goal of stabilizing the environment and improving end user experience.
Wincourse Technologies was able to stabilize the environment and lower the frequency of incident tickets by 32% in the first two months of the engagement. Additionally, the following Wincourse engineering efforts have positively impacted the client and the end users:
- Merged multiple versions of PVS server images and performed offline defrag in merged image
- Increased write cache size for undersized hosted shared desktops
- Standardized server resources to correct previous randomly sized write cache drives, varying amounts of RAM and differing number of CPU’s
- Optimized TCP/IP settings in the PVS servers and target devices
- Properly sized write caches and improved management of disconnected sessions allowing for increased time between server reboots.
- Utilized Wincourse monitoring tools for daily health checks to identify and resolve issues
Progress toward our goal of improving the Citrix user experience is demonstrated in the following email to one of our Wincourse engineers:
I wanted to let you know that from my firsthand observations the Citrix logins, performance, and all around user experience has improved tremendously. A big thank you for your assistance!
Technical Support Analyst
If you are having issues with your Citrix environment, contact us today.